IN MAY THE FORCE ISN'T WITH ME
Rolling up to the end of May now and my running has strayed from the ultimate objective of race fitness. I've been here before in previous years when the Summer and all it's glorious evening races drift away from my grasp when never quite sustaining the level to compete. A left hamstring nag is the culprit right now, picked up I believe when playing silly buggers during that daft run a week after the Three Peaks. I still see that foolish digression of unnecessary hard running as the catalyst for subsequent demise. It's not quite game over though. I'm still out there doing a bit, but tentatively and almost for the sake of it really like some kind of duty to my own conscience. I am however, pleased to report that the bike has finally found it's way out of the garage. But all the while conscious that the fruits of decent labour put in this year are decomposing and that I could quite easily end up at square one again. I've only one race to show for May and it was poor. Harrock Hill never happened last night and I'd say this next week or two is crucial really with regards to a racing Summer and whether or not it's going to happen. Whilst I have this seemingly uncontrollable psychological commitment to the Three Peaks again next year, I need some proper sport before then, some exhilaration of competing and improving. Perhaps delusion is already here and this is the process of letting go? The bowling green certainly feels nearer than it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment