Wednesday, 19 October 2016

BACK ON TRACK
Last night completed a sixth week in succession down at the Witton Park track and I felt strong. 12 x 600m runs with a 90 second recovery was on this week's menu and another tough session was bashed out with consistency and more signs of improvement. Regular speed sessions of some description have always been an important factor in raising my racing game to somewhere that I feel is decent. The legs and the lungs seem to work better as a team and with the legacy of that Achilles trouble now seemingly under control, I feel as if I am the ascendancy. In fact training has gone brilliantly well lately, a tough fell run on Pendle thrown in with some decent tempo work of various distances on the road. The positive effects of these Tuesday night track sessions are starting to kick in and it's been two and a half years since I felt anything like this. Almost confident to race, enjoying training, a spring in my stride... where the hell is a Podium 5K on the calendar when you really need one?!
Wondering where I might be with another six weeks like this under my belt, there's even thoughts of a shot at a road race and the Ribble Valley 10K in December. First things first though and the small matter of the Tour of Pendle next month. Certainly being down at the club again each week has further inspired me to believe I can get some decent results again. The Blackburn Harriers lads are enjoying a successful time of it just now and I would quite like to muscle in on the party if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment