GOOD WEEK, BAD WEEK... JUST WEAK
After my last whinge on here, a good week's training followed and I wondered what all that whining was actually about. But then, true to form, a bad week ensued a good week and I was reacquainted once again with that mindset of the moaner and groaner.
Just ten days ago in the gym I had hopped off the treadmill from an 18:50 5K, grit my teeth for 15 minutes on the bike, showered and then came out of an hour of Pilates feeling pretty damn wonderful I have to say.
Today though, muscles ache needlessly despite barely any running in more recent days. My head feels heavy and seems to be operating on a time delay of a few split seconds to what is happening in actual real time (Although Sara might say that's business as usual with me) My chest feels tight, there's an annoying cough not justifying it's nuisance value by actually bringing anything up... basically, I don't feel that well again and way too weak and lethargic to contemplate running. Earlier in the week I ploughed on regardless hoping I could sweat it out or something, but this just made matters worse.
So in to perspective I go, for I am not on my death bed and obviously grateful for that. I'm just not feeling my usual self. Even this morning's dog walk with Sara and Connie took it out of me and I was flailing behind when we went uphill, thinking and worrying to myself just how the hell am I going to get in to a fit state to run properly again when I feel like this?
Yesterday was meant to be the comeback race at Parbold Hill, next Saturday a crack at the Cross Country Nationals in Leeds. Realistically, I'm probably looking as far ahead as May now before I can even consider the prospect of being fit, well and tough enough to turn up for a race.
No comments:
Post a Comment